Avoid these 4 pet-toxic Easter plants

In Household Hazards, inside and out, Protection and Safety by Linda0 Comments

The four Easter plants listed below are beautiful and abundant this time of year, and should be kept away from your pets…they are toxic!

LilyLilies are extremely toxic to cats!  Though the poisonous part of the plant has yet to be identified, it is best to avoid lilies in your home, and don’t take them to any homes you visit if they have cats.   Exposure to even a small amount of the toxin can cause severe, or even fatal, kidney disease.

 

 

 

Cyclamen have roots that are toxic to both dogs and cats.  If your pet ingests any part of the cyclamen, look for gastrointestinal irritation that causes severe vomiting.Cyclamen

 

TulipsTulips…the entire plant…from the flower to the bulb is toxic to pets, but the bulbs are the most poisonous part.  They can cause gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, loss of appetite, depression of the central nervous system, convulsions, and cardiac irregularities.

 

 

 

Amarylis, or Easter Plant, causes vomiting, lethargy and depression.Amarylis

If you pet does ingest any of the above poisons (or eats a chocolate bunny) contact one of these poison control hotlines here, then get your pet to a vet.

Make this a safe holiday for your entire family, including the furry ones!

 

 

Leave a Comment